Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Reading Week!

This week was reading week and by far the best week yet! 
Bulletin board! Thanks Ms. Eman!


Grade 12 boys came in to read to my class.

One of the perks of being on a campus with middle school and high school.

Our very first Author Showcase!
Can you tell how well they're listening? ; )

All of the parents who attended the showcase
The parents brought food for the occasion.This is what was leftover after the kids left!
Lots of savory pastries, donuts and cookies!

My Little Critters in the Reading Parade! 

The parade ended at 11:00 but since I postponed their spelling test and we celebrated before the parade, all of the parents took their sons home! Turned out to be a half day for me!! 

Next week is going to be great!! Math stations will be in place soon, so teaching the kids the different games is fun! I'm also having small groups for English and finally getting in phonics instruction and guided reading! We start social studies, because science and social studies switch midway. Basically my kids are used to my expectations and procedures, so I am able to implement the practices that I feel are best for their learning needs.

Michael is going to be the high school boys' PE substitute teacher all next week! At least the grocery shopping will get done thanks to taw9eel.com! 


We put the order in online and they deliver them for free!!
If things get too busy we can always have a maid clean our apartment. It sounds crazy but most of the teachers here hire maids to clean once a week-they do laundry, dishes and everything for 5KD! Don't worry mom-I'll clean!! haha But it's nice to have that option : )



No comments:

Post a Comment