Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A little bit of everything!

We are now in our fourth week in Bali and loving it! We're really enjoying the small beach community where we live called Canggu (pronounced Changgu). It's really laid back and a lot of young expats live in the area.

The weather has been beautiful. It's the dry season, so the high is 80 degrees and the humidity is fairly low. This means less mosquitoes (great) but more snake sightings because their thirsty (eek!). Of course all of this will change in the wet season-we'll see how that goes!

I was going to write about the food tonight, but it deserves it's own post and lots of photos!!

My commute to school is about 11 miles and takes 30-40 minutes on the scooter or "motorbike." I don't have to be at school until 7:45AM (later than I'm used to!) and the kids are at school from 8:15AM-3:15pm. Teachers leave at 4pm. The kids have been great. I have an incredibly diverse group-children from Italy, Norway, Japan, Australia, America, Hungary and Switzerland! It's going to be a fun year!

Michael has been surfing everyday and looking for a job. He's been amazing getting us settled. And I was able to find a really nice yoga studio in Canggu.

The yoga shala at Desa Seni 
That's all for now! I'll update again soon : )

No comments:

Post a Comment