Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

First Post!

I am so excited to introduce my new blog- Peace, Love, Teach!

I decided to start a blog for a few reasons, the first and most important-to keep family and friends updated!  I'll try to make my entries short and sweet with lots of pictures and videos!

Blogs and Pinterest have been key to planning my very first classroom, so I will also share education ideas in the "Classroom" section. Hopefully I can get my tabs working so that you can easily navigate the different sections!

Of course, there is a "Faith" tab.  Traveling so far away from home would be impossible without putting my faith in God. I'm excited to see how I will grow spiritually through this travel experience.

In case you haven't heard: We're leaving for Kuwait City August 19th! I'll be teaching second grade on the Boy's Campus of American Creativity Academy. It's a private international school for Kuwaiti students. The teachers are American/Canadian and the curriculum is American. I learned about the opportunity through UNCW. Kuwait is a study abroad destination for senior education majors. ACA is the school where the UNCW students complete their internship/student teaching.
We're hoping Michael will find a job in diving-so say a prayer!

Our plan right now is to take the next few years to travel. Since Michael is a dive instructor all we need for our next destination is a place with water and kids!

With 6 days until we fly to JFK then Kuwait City, I will be packing, planning and of course making time to soak up some rays on the NC coast!

1 comment:

  1. Here we go Tones and Mikey!!!!! So glad you've got the blog up and pumping!!! Already have it bookmarked :) love you!!!

    ReplyDelete