Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

First Day of School!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!! I loved FaceTiming with my family! And Sissy emailed me a video of Reece in her walker! Can't wait to see her walk!

Today, I had my very first day of school as a full time homeroom teacher! It was amazing!! I thought I would be nervous, but instead I was excited! Here are my classroom photos : )

In case you forgot, here is a before..

And here's the "after."


This is my classroom library, ALL of the books were left in the class from past teachers. 

My welcome bulletin board. (class theme-2A All-Stars!)
A closer look

Content vocabulary word wall


The boys were great today. They have A LOT of energy, but when I sat them in a circle and asked them to say their name for everyone, they barely whispered it! The biggest challenge today was listening. This may be because the kids did not speak a lot of English at home all summer. It may also have to do with their behavior expectations at home. Apparently the children here are very privileged and the boys can basically do and have anything they want. I'm not sure if this is true, but I guess we'll see!

Also, the orientation, dropping off the students and picking them up has been a family event! Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and maids all come, but they tell me usually only the maid comes in to pick them up after the first week. And the maids wear uniforms which looks bizarre to me.

Today during one of our icebreakers I learned that all of the students in my class had at least 2 siblings, most had 4 or 5!

Get ready..next post will be my Kuwait fashion post!

No comments:

Post a Comment